AWAKE NIGHT STAFF – FULL-TIME (191181)
FULL-TIME AWAKE NIGHT STAFF
Location: 44 Wordsworth Place, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for experienced Direct Support Professionals to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-Secondary education in a Human Services and six months related experience (experience working/volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred)
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support as required.
- Able to implement positive behavioral approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration
- Commitment to providing person-centered support, fostering independence, and advocating for others
- The successful; candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures an asset.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
The position is for 40 hours per week Monday to Friday – Midnight – 8 am (Some flexibility required)
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position to:
ATTN: Jamie Russell – Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
To Apply: Complete application form found on this page
Application Deadline: Monday, December 9, 2019
Job ID: 191181