Complex Care Professionals – Part-Time
KW Habilitation is excited to continue to grow a new and unique service. We are looking for highly skilled, experienced, and specialized Direct Support Professionals to join a team that provides support to individuals with disabilities who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change, and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person-Centered Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
The compensation provided to Complex Care Professionals reflects the need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the position. Extensive investment in training is anticipated with the Complex Care Team. With this in mind, KW Habilitation is seeking applicants who are available for additional shifts and offer a strong commitment to the team and to the persons supported.
- Practical experience in providing daily living support within a Person-Centred framework to persons with complex needs.
- Additional training and practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- A Developmental Service Worker Diploma (DSW) and/or Autism and Behavioural Science educational background is considered an asset, other related education will be considered.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively with internal and external professionals.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Valid Driver’s Licensc is required.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
- Able to work weekends and rotating shifts consisting of days, evenings, and overnights.r
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position to:
Darren Rene – Director of Complex Care
99 Ottawa Street East
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 19CC-PT
To Apply: Complete application form found on company website.