KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
CONTRACT SLEEP NIGHT SUPPORT STAFF
(Contract is open ended)
LOCATION: Birchcliff Ave, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Worker to join our team and support people overnight and in the mornings. Specific duties for this role include: support to individuals in the morning, personal care, providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision making, and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centred support and the vision of KW Habilitation. A significant portion of the shift will involve sleeping while being able to respond to concerns and support requirements that may arise during the night.
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Minimum six month’s direct experience.
- Able to provide physical support (e.g., lifting, transfers, personal care).
- Ability to implement positive behaviour approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience and collaboration.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support and must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- A comfort level with intimate personal care and skills in providing direct personal care.
- A valid G2 or G driver’s license, current Emergency First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential. Additional training is provided by KW Habilitation.
Schedule: Sunday evening to Friday morning: 11pm to 7am. Some flexibility required.
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Monday, November 23, 2020 to:
ATTN: Rhonda Caldwell, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 20112310
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE