Direct Support Professional (82) – Full-Time
Job ID: 190782
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
We are looking for experienced Direct Support Professionals to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision- making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural intervention skills are an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making
- A valid G driver’s licence, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential
- The position is 40 hours per week, with rotating shifts and every 4th weekend (some flexibility required)
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Monday July 22, 2019 to:
ATTN: Ryan Grant – Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8