Direct Support Worker – Part-Time (DSW)
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER (DSW) – PART-TIME
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of community participation, life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, as well as transportation. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines, patterned to reflect typical life experiences involving people to the highest degree possible.
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support, building an inclusive community, fostering independence in others, and advocating for people to have their own voice
- Able to demonstrate, creative problem-solving, decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred.
- First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence and basic computer skills are required.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts consisting of weekends, days, and evenings.
Pay Rate: $17.39 – $19.32 per hour
Schedule: Rotating Weekends & Holidays – additional shifts also available
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position to:
Manager of Inclusive Living
C/O KW Habilitation
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
To Apply: Complete application form located on website
Job ID: 1912PT