Direct Support Worker – Part-Time (DSW)
Job ID: 1905PT
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of community participation, life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, as well as transportation. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines, patterned to reflect typical life experiences involving people to the highest degree possible.
Hours: Weekends and Holidays – Weekday “Relief” shifts may also be available
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support, fostering independence, and advocating for others
- Able to demonstrate, creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred.
- First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence and basic computer skills are required.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts consisting of days, evenings, and weekends
Pay Rate: $17.39 – $19.32 per hour
Applicants must fill in the form on on the right side of this page and upload a resumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications.
To Apply: Fill in application form found on this page.