Emergency Care – Direct Support Worker (DSW)
JOB OPPORTUNITY DURING COVID-19:
EMERGENCY CARE – DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER
(Temporary until approx. May 15th – possibility of extension)
Various Locations in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.
Have you recently experienced a shortage of work as a result of COVID-19?
KW Habilitation is preparing our workforce to continue operations during the COVID-19 state of emergency. We are currently seeking applicants who are willing to provide care and support to people with disabilities during these unprecedented times. Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to individuals who experience developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, autism, challenging behaviours and complex medical needs. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines during the COVID-19 social distancing mandate.
- Knowledge and experience supporting people who experience developmental disabilities.
- Background Education, ECE’s, Nursing Students, PSW, Respite Care, Home Care, Etc.
- Able to provide direct care and support to people with disabilities during COVID-19 outbreak.
- Free of Symptoms relating to COVID-19 (Cough, Fever, Shortness of Breath)
- Has not been in contact with cases of COVID-19 or travelled internationally within the past 14 days.
- Committed to providing person-centered support during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Must provide satisfactory Criminal Reference Check received in the past 24 months.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts consisting of weekends, days, evenings, and overnights.
Pay Rate: $22/Hour
Schedule: Up to 40 Hours/week based on the needs of our locations during COVID-19.
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position to:
C/O KW Habilitation
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
To Apply: Complete application form located on company website
Job ID: DSW-COV19