Full-Time Complex Care Professional
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL TIME – COMPLEX CARE PROFESSIONALS
$25/Hour – The compensation provided to Complex Care Professionals reflects the need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the position.
KW Habilitation is excited to be providing new and unique services at our David Fischer residence. We are looking for highly skilled, specialized Direct Support Professionals to join a team that will provide support to individuals with disabilities who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change, and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person-Centered Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Practical experience in providing daily living support within a Person-Centred framework to persons with complex needs.
- Additional training and practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- A Developmental Service Worker Diploma is an asset, other related education will be considered.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively with internal and external professionals.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
- Able to work 40 hrs/week with rotating shifts consisting of days, evenings, and alternating weekends
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study: 2 years (Required)
- Developmental Services: 1 year (Required)
Applicants must submit a resumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Monday March 11, 2019
Director of Community & Complex Care
99 Ottawa Street East
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
$22.50 to $25.00 /hour
Job ID: 190289
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.