Direct Support Professional – Full-Time #13
Job ID: 190513
We are looking for experienced Direct Support Professionals to join our team and support people in their community.
Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural intervention skills are an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making
- A valid G driver’s licence, ability to obtain F Class driver’s licence, current Standard First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential
- This position is 40 hours per week, with rotating shifts: afternoons/evenings , and every 6th weekend (Some flexibility required)
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by May 24, 2019 to:
Jenny Lehman- Manager of Complex Care and Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street East
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8s
To Apply: Fill in application form found on this page.