Full-Time Direct Support Professional (Various Locations)
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL-TIME – DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
We are looking for experienced Direct Support Professionals to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural intervention skills are an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making
- A valid G driver’s licence, current Standard First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential
- The position is for 40 hours per week (Some flexibility required)
ATTN: Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 190101
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.