FULL-TIME DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (290 Forest Hill Drive)
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with special needs and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL-TIME DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
LOCATION: 290 Forest Hill Drive, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for experienced Direct Support Professionals to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural intervention skills are an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making
- A valid G driver’s licence, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential
- This position is 40 hours per week, with rotating shifts: 1:00 – 9:00 pm, 2:00 – 10:00 pm, 4:00 pm – Midnight, and every 4th weekend, occasional days (Some flexibility required)
Applicants must fill in the form on on this page and upload a resumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Monday, February 25th, 2019
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 1902107FT