FULL-TIME RECE Resource Consultant (Supporting Children 0 – 4 Years)
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with special needs and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life that is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL-TIME RECE Resource Consultant
(Supporting Children 0 – 4 Years)
The successful candidate will collaborate with early childhood educators, families and other professionals to provide quality programming for children enrolled in licensed childcare programs. S/he will complete functional assessments, direct intervention, provide consultation to enhance the capacity of a licensed early learning/child care program to include all children, monitor growth and development and provide information and in-service training to early childhood educators and families.
- The successful candidate will possess an Early Childhood Education degree or Diploma, a Resource Teacher certificate (or equivalency), be registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Ontario) and a minimum of two years’ direct experience working in a licensed early learning and childcare program with children who have complex needs.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of child development, child care best practices, family dynamics, inclusive early learning, early childhood/special needs programming, and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEY) and the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated competency and skill in the use of computers and software (e.g., MS Office, databases, e-mail, internet).
- Current Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Hours: The position is for 40 hours per week (some flexibility required)
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Monday, February 24, 2020:
ATTN: Kristy Heimpel – Manager of Early Learning
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2002106