KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL TIME: ROVING AWAKE NIGHT SUPPORT
(15 Month Contract)
LOCATION: Potential for all Inclusive Living Homes in Kitchener and Waterloo, ON
We are looking for an awake night staff to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-Secondary education in a Human Services, or enrolled in a post-secondary institution and attending school.
- Six months related experience (experience working/volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred).
- Able to provide physical assistance where applicable (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support as required.
- Able to implement positive behavioral approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration.
- Commitment to providing person-centered support, fostering independence, and advocating for others.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures an asset.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
Start Date: Immediately.
Hours: 11pm to 9am. The position is for 30-40 hours per week, includes weekends (Some flexibility is required).
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Tuesday, November 30, 2020 to:
ATTN: Jenn Train, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 20113084
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE