Night Support Worker – Part-Time
Job ID: 1905-PTN
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of community participation, life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, as well as transportation. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines, patterned to reflect typical life experiences involving people to the highest degree possible.
- Completed or working towards post-secondary education in a related field of study.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support, and upholding the rights of the citizens we support.
- Team player who demonstrates initiative, and can solve problems with creative solutions.
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability.
- First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
- A valid driver’s licence (G2 or higher) and basic computer skills are required.
- Able to work rotating shifts, including weekends.
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest to:
Recruitment and Passport Coordinator
C/O KW Habilitation
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8