PART-TIME Direct Support Workers (Various locations)
- Are you interested in using your enthusiasm and can-do attitude to make a difference in young people’s lives?
- Are you looking for a summer job that will make a meaningful impact?
- Do you want to help people with developmental disabilities learn more about the community?
- Are you someone who can see the possibilities in others, and is eager to support them in reaching their full potential?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please keep reading!
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of supports and services to children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities in the Kitchener- Waterloo area. Our vision is “A community where everyone belongs and participates” and we are hiring for the following position:
PART-TIME DIRECT SUPPORT WORKERS
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of community participation, life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, as well as transportation. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines, patterned to reflect typical life experiences involving people to the highest degree possible.
Hours: Weekends (Including nights) and Holidays – Weekday “Relief” shifts may also be available
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support, fostering independence, and advocating for others
- Able to demonstrate, creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred.
- First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence and basic computer skills are required.
Pay Rate: $17.22 – $19.13 per hour
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
To apply for this position, fill in the form on this page
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process for this posting, please advise Human Resources of any accommodation needs to enable your candidacy to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 0119PT