Youth Summer Jobs Available: (2) Summer Leisure Coordinators
Are you interested in using your enthusiasm and can-do attitude to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you believe that people with developmental disabilities make positive contributions to their community?
Are you someone who can see the possibilities in others, and is eager to support them in reaching their full potential?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please keep reading!
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of supports and services to children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities in the Kitchener- Waterloo area. Our vision is “A community where everyone belongs and participates” and we are hiring for the following positions:
YOUTH SUMMER JOBS AVAILABLE:
(2) SUMMER Leisure CO-ORDINATORS
(Approx. May – August 2019)
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, transportation, as well as community participation.
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN),
• Able to work 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday with some flexibility (trips may involve evenings, overnights or weekends)
• Some Post-secondary education in Human Services and six months of related experience (experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred)
• Commitment to providing person-centred support, fostering independence, and advocating for others
• Candidates must be able to provide personal care, positive behavioural support, be energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, flexible, organized, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
• A valid driver’s licence and basic computer skills required.
To Apply: Please quote Reference # SUM-2019-09 in the subject line and submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by April 29, 2019 to:
ATTN: Wil Candlish
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Visit our Website: www.kwhab.ca
Job ID: SUM-2019-09
*NOTE: Positions are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.