Youth Summer Jobs Available: Farmer Intern
Our Farm is an initiative that connects land, food and people through agriculture. Our Farm not only grows fresh, healthy food, but sows positive relationships between people and nurtures the roots of community, sustainability and land use. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our team for the 2019 season.
YOUTH SUMMER JOBS AVAILABLE:
(Approx. May – August 2019*)
The Farmer Intern will assist our Farmer to follow a 50-bed garden site with bed preparation, planting and seeding, garden maintenance, harvesting activities (washing, packing, storing) and food securities initiatives including market set up and sales. Assist with environmental stewardship activities, trail building and maintenance.
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• Self-Identify as being part of a group who is underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN),
• Able to work 30 hours per week – including day, evening and weekend shifts.
• Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
• The successful candidate will be energetic and motivated to learn new skills
• Enjoy working outdoors in different weather conditions and able to do physical labour
• Looking to gain work experience by getting a summer job
• Have an interest in growing food and customer service
To Apply: Please quote Reference # CSJ-2019-01 in the subject line and submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by April 29, 2019 to:
ATTN: Wil Candlish
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Visit our Website: www.kwhab.ca
Job ID: CSJ-2019-01
*NOTE: Positions are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.