Youth Summer Jobs Available: Summer Garden Interns
Do you like to work with plants and getting your hands dirty?
Are you looking to gain work experience by getting a summer job?
Do you have a disability?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please keep reading!
Employment provides us all with the opportunity to earn money, learn new skills, build new relationships and feel a closer connection to our community. People with developmental disabilities who want to work, can be gainfully employed and earn competitive wages.
YOUTH SUMMER JOBS AVAILABLE:
SUMMER GARDEN INTERNS
(Approx. May – August 2019*)
The primary responsibilities of the Summer Garden Intern positions include, but are not limited to:
• Plant seeds, water plants and perform maintenance duties related to the garden(s)
• Carry water, work with tools or other garden related tools
• Maintain newly planted trees; Complete composting tasks; and harvest produce,
• Act as a market member – sort, price, and sell harvested produce, and provide positive customer service
• Help with turning raw produce into finished goods
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• Have a self-disclosed disability,
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN),
• Able to work 30 hours per week – including day, evening and weekend shifts, and
• Able to arrange own transportation to and from work.
• The successful candidate will be energetic and motivated to learn new skills
• Enjoy working outdoors in different weather conditions and able to do physical labour
• Previous work experience in a garden type setting, and knowledge of plants and planting would be considered assets
To Apply: Please quote Reference # SUM-2019-02 in the subject line and submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by April 29, 2019 to:
ATTN: Lorraine Stavenow
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Visit our Website: www.kwhab.ca
Job ID: SUM-2019-05
*NOTE: Positions are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.