Youth Summer Jobs Available: Summer Job Coaches
Are you a self-starter, strong communicator and a people person with a can-do attitude?
Do you believe that people with disabilities can be valuable contributors to the labour market and an asset to employers?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please keep reading!
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of supports and services to children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities in the Kitchener Waterloo area. Our vision is “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
YOUTH SUMMER JOBS AVAILABLE:
Summer Job Coaches
(Approx. May – August 2019*)
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, ensuring customer service and summer employment outcomes are met for youth and adults with disabilities. Assists job seekers to prepare for, obtain and maintain summer employment. Act as a role model while coaching youth and adults with disabilities on-the-job to learn work skills, and personal management skills (team-work, work safety, proper work ethics, workplace etiquette, etc.) As a representative of KW Habilitation the Summer Job Coach acts as a leader and role model in all functions of the position.
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN),
• Able to work 40 hours per week – including day, evening and weekend shifts
• Post-secondary fields of study including those requiring Co-op placements e.g. business, human services, social services.
• The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, be energetic, enthusiastic and flexible to work in a variety of settings including retail, food services, maintenance etc.
• Previous experience working with people with disabilities an asset.
To Apply: Please quote Reference # SUM-2019-05 in the subject line and submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by April 29, 2019 to:
ATTN: Wil Candlish
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Visit our Website: www.kwhab.ca
Job ID: SUM-2019-05
*NOTE: Positions are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.