KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL TIME – COMPLEX CARE PROFESSIONAL
CONTRACT: FULL TIME – COMPLEX CARE PROFESSIONAL (contract: end approx Sept 2021)
Rotating shifts: 7AM – 3PM and 3PM – 11PM
Location: Erbsville, Rd, Waterloo, ON
We are looking for highly skilled, specialized Direct Support Professional to join a team that provides support to individuals with disabilities who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change, and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person Centered Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
The compensation provided to Complex Care Professionals reflects the need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the position.
- A Developmental Service Worker Diploma (DSW) and/or Autism and Behavioural Science educational background is considered an asset, other related education will be considered.
- Practical experience in providing daily living support within a Person-Centred framework to persons with complex needs.
- Additional training and practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively with internal and external professionals.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Valid Driver’s Licence is required.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
This position will involve rotating day and evening shifts with some flexibility required.
Applicants must apply in writing by submitting a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by February 15, 2021 to:
Attn: Wil Candlish, Manager of Complex Care and Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2121589
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE