KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
Night Awake Support (6 months Contract)
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON.
KW Habilitation is excited to continue to grow a new and unique service at our David Fisher Residence. We are looking for highly skilled, specialized Direct Support Professionals to join a team that provides support to individuals with disabilities who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change, and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person-Centered Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Post-Secondary education in a Human Services, or enrolled in a post-secondary institution and attending school.
- Six months related experience (experience working/volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred)
- Able to provide physical assistance where applicable (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support as required.
- Able to implement positive behavioral approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration
- Commitment to providing person-centered support, fostering independence, and advocating for others
- The successful; candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures an asset.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
Start Date: November 8, 2021
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (Sunday 11:00 PM to Monday 7:00 AM, etc.)
Applicants must apply in writing by submitting a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest by Sunday, October 24, 2021 to:
Attn: Selena Koprnicky, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 21102464
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE