KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
LOCATION: Avalon Pl, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an awake night staff to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience.
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts.
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator.
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural intervention skills are an asset.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making.
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential.
1-year Contract: June 2021 – May 2022
Schedule: Six Week Rotating Schedule, days and evenings, one weekend every six weeks.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest by Monday, June 14, 2021 to:
Attn: Jenn Train, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2161484
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE