COMPLEX CARE PROFESSIONAL (FULL-TIME)
LOCATION: KITCHENER/WATERLOO, ON
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
We are looking for highly skilled, specialized Complex Care Professionals to join a team that provides support to individuals with disabilities and behaviours that challenge who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person Directed Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
The compensation provided to Complex Care Professionals reflects the need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the position.
- Developmental Service Worker Apprenticeship Program Sponsor
- Paid on-the-job training
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program for all staff, their partners, and dependents
- Extended Health Care Benefits, Registered Pension Plan, and optional Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounted rates on home and auto insurance
- Fun and engaging workplace
- Practical experience in providing daily living support, including administrative tasks, within a Person Directed framework to persons with complex needs.
- Practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- Providing respectful and supportive personal care
- Providing lifts and transfers as necessary
- Promoting people’s skills and abilities
- Providing opportunities and education for growth and development
- Honouring personal choice and informed decision-making
- Implementing individualized routines that are patterned to reflect typical life experiences and which involve people to the highest degree possible
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services or Police Foundations Diploma. Autism and Behavioural Science educational background is considered an asset.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively with internal and external professionals.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Current First Aid, SMG, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
- Able to work weekends and rotating shifts.
Schedule: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday rotating shifts (6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm and 2pm-10pm, 3pm-11pm, 4pm-midnight) and every 4th weekend.
Start Date: January 2023
Rate of Pay: $26.41 – $29.01
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position:
Kassie Harvey – Manager of Complex Care and Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street S.
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 23228107