KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (FULL-TIME)
LOCATION: Sydney St, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Professional to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicant will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services.
- Minimum one year direct experience.
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts.
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator.
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- Able to provide physical support (e.g., lifts, transfers)
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making.
- A valid G driver’s licence, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential.
- This position is 40 hours per week, with rotating afternoon/evening shifts and every 3rd (Some flexibility is required)
Schedule: Rotating Weekends & Holidays – additional shifts also available
Applicants must submit a resumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Monday, February 22, 2021 to:
ATTN: Carolyn Wilkinson, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2122216
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE