KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (FULL-TIME)
LOCATION: Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Professional to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision- making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person directed support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services. Autism and Behavioural Science educational background is considered an asset.
- Additional training and practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving and decision-making
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence, current First Aid, SMG, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential
- Ability to speak and understand Turkish is an asset
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Schedule: 40 hours / week – variety of shifts (days and afternoons)
Start Date: ASAP
Rate of Pay:$25.39 – $27.72 (includes wage enhancement)
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Wednesday, August 24, 2022 to:
ATTN: Kassie Harvey, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 22824107