KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL-TIME: DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER
LOCATION: Eby, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Worker to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision making, and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centred support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Minimum one-year direct experience.
- Ability to implement positive behaviour approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate, creative problem-solving, decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration.
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support and planning concepts.
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, and be an effective interpersonal communicator.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support and must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures is an asset.
- A comfort level with intimate personal care and skills in providing direct personal care.
- Behavioural intervention skills are an asset.
- A valid G or G2 driver’s licence, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential.
Schedule: Tuesday to Friday 4:30pm-11:30pm, every other weekend 10am-8pm, 38 hours per week. Some flexibility required.
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Monday, April 12, 2021.
ATTN: Terry Mayou, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2141283
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE