KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
FULL TIME DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER
LOCATION: Roving between KWH programs
We are looking for an awake night staff to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Ability to implement positive behaviour approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience and collaboration.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support and must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures is an asset.
- A valid G2 or G driver’s licence, current Emergency First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also Additional training is provided by KW Habilitation.
6-Month Contract (potential to be extended)
Schedule: Schedule: 10 hour rotating shifts, Sunday – Tuesday or Wednesday to Friday rotating every other Saturday. Averaging 70 hours a pay period.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest by Sunday, June 20, 2021 to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 21620
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE