KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER (Full-Time)
LOCATION: Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Worker to join our team and support people in the mornings. Specific duties for this role include: personal care, providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision making, and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person directed support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-secondary education related to Human Services, completed or on-going.
- Ability to implement positive behaviour approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience and collaboration.
- Commitment to providing person directed support and must believe in an inclusive community, fostering independence, and advocating for others to have their own voice.
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures is an asset.
- A comfort level with intimate personal care and skills in providing direct personal care and positive behavioural support.
- A valid G2 or G driver’s license, current Emergency First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential. Additional training is provided by KW Habilitation.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Schedule: Rotating weeks of days and evenings (7-3, 8-4, 3-11) and every 4th weekend.
Start Date: Aug. 22nd, 2022
Rate of Pay: $21.09 – $23.10 (includes wage enhancement)
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Monday, August 15, 2022 to:
ATTN: Rachel Hunter, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2281575