LOCAL COMMUNITY CONNECTOR (FULL-TIME)
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation, and employment supports.
We are looking for an experienced Direct Support Professional to join our team. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person directed support, community first philosophy, and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Paid on-the-job training
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Extended Health Care Benefits, Registered Pension Plan, and optional Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program for all staff, their partners, and dependents
- Discounted rates on home and auto insurance
- Fun and engaging workplace
- Assist people to identify and articulate their individual interests, aspirations, and desired outcomes
- Develop effective community links and networks
- Facilitate relationships between the person and the community
- Provide active supports (i.e. model, coach and/or learning assistance) that will foster independence and attainment of personal outcomes
- Liaise with organizations, services, and activities in neighbourhoods to advocate and support people to be connected
- Facilitate and deliver small group activities by co-designing options and being responsive to feedback and input from people supported and families.
- College diploma (2 years), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) Apprenticeship Certificate, and/or University degree in Human Services
- Minimum one year direct experience
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstration of Core Competencies and person-centered support, relationship building and networking
- Ability to implement positive approaches for any demeanor, work as an integral part of the team, be comfortable working offsite alone, and must be an effective interpersonal communicator
- You must possess a strong desire to build an inclusive community through fostering independence and advocacy
- Experience in facilitation, relationship management, and job coaching are an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, collaboration, creative problem-solving, and decision-making
- A valid G driver’s license, current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are all essential requirements.
Schedule: 40 hours per week requiring a flexible schedule to meet the needs of your caseload (days, afternoons, evenings and weekends)
Start Date: June 2023
Salary: $50,394 – $55,291
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a resumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by June 9, 2023 to:
ATTN: Stacey Mitchell – Manager of Community and Employment Supports
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 23695