KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
RECE RESOURCE CONSULTANT (FULL-TIME)
LOCATION: Kitchener, ON
This position will support the Entry to School Program in partnership with KidsAbility. The Entry to School (ETS) program is part of the new early years’ service pathway in the needs-based Ontario Autism Program (OAP). This program will support families with young children up to 6 years of age who are registered with the OAP and who are starting school for the first time (either Kindergarten or grade one).
The group-based program will focus on preparing children to enter school, and target skill-building within the following six domains: communication, play, social interaction, functional routines, behavioural self-management, pre-academics, and learning and attention. Children will attend for up to six months of service, either mornings or afternoons, five days per week. Consultation will then be provided to schools to support the child’s successful transition to their home school for the following six months.
The ETS team is a multidisciplinary team consisting of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts, Instructor Therapists, Autism Assistants, Resource Consultants, a Speech and Language Pathologist, and an Occupational Therapist.
- The successful candidate will possess an Early Childhood Education degree or Diploma, a Resource Teacher certificate (or equivalency), be registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Ontario), and a minimum of two years’ direct experience working in a licensed early learning and childcare program with children who have complex needs. Experience supporting children with ASD and their families is an asset.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of child development, child care best practices, family dynamics, inclusive early learning, early childhood/special needs programming, the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEY), and the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated competency and skill in the use of computers and software (e.g., MS Office, databases, e-mail, internet).
- Current Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Hours: 40 hours per week (some flexibility required)
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and their reason for interest by Tuesday December 6, 2022:
ATTN: Kristy Heimpel – Manager of Early Learning
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 22126106