KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
Manager of Inclusive Living & Complex Care
LOCATION: Waterloo, ON
The Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care has the delegated responsibility to ensure that all services provided in inclusive living settings are within the context of K-W Habilitation’s (KWH) vision, mission, values and service principles and are consistent with legislative requirements.
The Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care will promote the principles of person centered planning in their speech, presentation and in the performance of their duties. The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to staff supervision, collaborating with KWH senior management and clinical staff to lead behaviour assessment and treatment efforts in specialized environments, individualized support services, operational functions, administrative duties and management of property standards. As needed the Manager works in a complimentary capacity along side direct support. As a representative of KWH, the Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care acts as a leader and role model in all functions of the position.
- College diploma (2 years) and/or a University degree in a human services related field
- At least 5 years direct experience working with people with developmental disabilities
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Experience supporting people with highly complex behaviours
- Experience leading teams in challenging environment
- Experience ensuring programs standards to meet ministry compliance expectations.
- Experience in managing resources within budget
- Experience in collaborating with clinical professions in leading behaviour assessment and treatment efforts
- Proven leadership skills; excellent communication & organization skills, and proficiency using a computer
- Commitment to person-centred thinking and planning (e.g., PRISMS)
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, high resiliency, advocating for others, change management, relationship/network building, resource management, and strategic thinking.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle along with current First-Aid and NVCI training
Schedule: Full-Time – Flexibility required (evening, weekend, and on-call work)
Applicants must apply in writing by submitting a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by January 24, 2022 to:
Attn: Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2212489
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE