KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
NIGHT AWAKE SUPPORT
LOCATION: Stirling Ave N, Kitchener, ON
We are looking for an awake night staff to join our team and support people in their community. Specific duties for this role include: providing respectful and supportive care, promoting people’s skills and abilities, providing the opportunity and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines plans with attainable outcomes. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to person-centered support and the vision of KW Habilitation.
- Post-Secondary education in a Human Services, or enrolled in a post-secondary institution and attending school.
- Six months related experience (experience working/volunteering with people who have a developmental disability preferred).
- Able to provide physical assistance where applicable (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support as required.
- Able to implement positive behavioral approaches, work as an integral part of the team and demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, initiative, resilience, and collaboration.
- Commitment to providing person-centered support, fostering independence, and advocating for others.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, housekeeping/cleaning, communication skills and knowledge of KWH administration procedures an asset.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
Start Date: June 28, 2021
Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest by Monday, June 14, 2021 to:
Attn: Ryan Grant, Manager of Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2161482
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE