KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
COMPLEX CARE PROFESSIONAL – Hourly-Rated
LOCATION: Waterloo, ON.
KW Habilitation is excited to continue to grow a new and unique service at our David Fisher Residence. We are looking for highly skilled, specialized Direct Support Professionals to join a team that provides support to individuals with disabilities who require complex care. The successful candidate adapts well to change, and can remain calm under difficult situations and challenges. They will possess a strong commitment to positive behaviour and Person-Centered Support, be open to new ideas, and display analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
Rate: $26.41 – 29.01/Hour (includes wage enhancement).
The compensation provided to Part-Time Complex Care Professionals reflects the need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the position. Extensive investment in training is anticipated with the Complex Care Team. With this in mind, KW Habilitation is seeking applicants who are available for additional shifts and offer a strong commitment to the team and to the persons supported.
- Practical experience in providing daily living support within a Person-Centred framework to persons with complex needs.
- Additional training and practical experience in assisting the assessment, implementation and evaluation of interventions for persons who have an intellectual disability and are experiencing emotional, behavioural and medical complexities.
- A Developmental Service Worker Diploma (DSW) and/or Autism and Behavioural Science educational background is considered an asset, other related education will be considered.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively with internal and external professionals.
- Able to provide physical (e.g., lifting, transfers) and behavioural support, including crisis response, as required.
- Valid Driver’s Licence is required.
- Current First Aid, NVCI, and computer skills are also essential qualifications.
- Able to work weekends and rotating shifts consisting of days, evenings, and overnights.
Schedule: Rotating shifts consisting of days, evenings, weekends, and overnights.
Applicants must apply in writing by submitting a cover letter and résumé with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position to:
Attn: Darren Rene, Director of Complex Care & Inclusive Living
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 22123189
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE