KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER (PART-TIME)
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Successful candidates will provide a range of supports and services to adults with a developmental disability in the areas of community participation, life skill development, activities of daily living, health and wellness, as well as transportation. Sample duties include the following: providing respectful and supportive personal care, providing lifts and transfers as necessary, promoting people’s skills and abilities and provide opportunities and education for growth and development, honouring personal choice and informed decision-making, and implementing individualized routines, patterned to reflect typical life experiences involving people to the highest degree possible.
- Some post-secondary education related to Human Services.
- Commitment to providing person-centred support, and upholding the rights of the citizens we support.
- Team player who demonstrates initiative, and can solve problems with creative solutions.
- Experience working / volunteering with people who have a developmental disability.
- First-Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), and WHMIS training an asset
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence an asset.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Able to work rotating shifts, including weekends.
Schedule: Rotating Weekends & Holidays – additional shifts also available
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest to:
ATTN: Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 211231
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE