KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKERS
“Youth Exploring Possibilities” (YEP)
(approx. June 21 – September 3, 2021*)
LOCATION: Kitchener, ON
Successful candidates will be energetic, person-centered, highly motivated and organized. They will have a good working knowledge of the KW community, employment and volunteer opportunities, as well as a solid understanding of Grand River Transit. The goal of the position is to help youth learn what our community has to offer, to have fun discovering new activities of interest (such as sports, the arts and community events) and to expose youth to volunteer experiences and future career possibilities. Sample duties include the following: organizing and implementing a summer schedule aimed at engaging young people in community activities, providing a respectful and supportive atmosphere that encourages exploration, promoting people’s skills and abilities and providing opportunities and education for growth and development.
- Post-Secondary education in a related Human Services Field.
- Commitment to providing person-centered support, foster independence, and advocating for others.
- Able to demonstrate creative problem solving and decision making, initiative, resilience and collaboration.
- Experience working/volunteering with youth who have a developmental disability preferred.
- First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) and WHMIS training an asset.
- A valid G or G2 driver’s license and basic computer skills are required.
** PLEASE NOTE: Positions are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs.
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: $17.74 – $19.71 per hour
To Apply: Please quote Job ID # 2151425 in the subject line and submit a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest by Friday, May 14, 2021 to:
ATTN: Lorraine Stavenow – Manager of Community and Employment Supports
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 2151425
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE