SUMMER JOB COACHES
LOCATION: KITCHENER-WATERLOO, ON
KW Habilitation is a local not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with any special need and adults with developmental disabilities. We support individuals to live a fulfilling life which is fostered through preschool and early learning supports, respite services, residential services, community participation and employment supports. Our Vision Statement guides our work: “A community where everyone belongs and participates”. As a representative of KW Habilitation the Summer Job Coach acts as a leader and role model in all functions of the position.
- Developmental Service Worker Apprenticeship Program Sponsor
- Paid on-the-job training
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program for all staff, their partners, and dependents
- Discounted rates on home and auto insurance
- Fun and engaging workplace
- Ensuring customer service and summer employment outcomes are met for youth and adults with disabilities
- Assisting job seekers to prepare for, obtain, and maintain summer employment
- Acting as a role model while coaching youth and adults with disabilities on-the-job to learn work skills and personal management skills (team-work, work safety, proper work ethics, workplace etiquette, etc.)
- Post-secondary fields of study including those requiring Co-op placements e.g. business, human services, social services.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, be energetic, enthusiastic and flexible to work in a variety of settings including retail, food services, maintenance etc.
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities an asset
To be eligible for the above position, youth must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN),
- Able to work 40 hours per week – including day, evening and weekend shifts
PLEASE NOTE: **Positions and dates are contingent on funding provided by Canada Summer Jobs.
Schedule: 40 hours per week – including day, evening, and weekend shifts, based on the needs of your caseload
Start Date: Approx. May 15, 2023
End Date: September 1, 2023
Pay Rate: $21.09
To Apply Online Please Visit Our Job Application Page HERE
Applicants must apply in writing submitting a résumé and cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications and reason for interest in this position by Friday, April 7, 2023 to:
ATTN: Stacey Mitchell, Manager of Community and Employment Supports
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON. N2G 3S8
Job ID: 234723