Opportunities exist within several areas of our organization. Community Participation and Administration positions are available in Kitchener and Waterloo, while opportunities working with young children are available throughout the Region of Waterloo. All of our positions are listed however they may not be available at this time.read more
- Welcome Centre– reception, receive mail, answer phones
Community Participation/Activity Hubs
- Program Assistant Volunteer– supporting adults with developmental disabilities with recreation and leisure activities
- Inclusion Volunteer– supporting adults with developmental disabilities to help build social skills and function with greater independence in the community.
- Our Farm (seasonal) – preparing gardens, planting, weeding, mulching, harvesting
Early Learning, Child Care & Family Resources
- Early Learning Enrichment– supporting young children with skill-building and promoting healthy development
- Early Learning Visuals Volunteer– supporting our Early Learning team create great visuals and resources for licenced child care centres.
Day of Caring/Group Volunteering
One-day placement opportunities are available for groups of up to 12 people at KW Habilitation’s Our Farm Waterloo locations. This program runs May through October and placements are available weather permitting.
If you have a skill, talent or passion you would like to share with us, we may have a position for you. Please contact our Volunteer and Student Placement Coordinator for additional information.
KW Habilitation is dedicated to providing placements for students interested in Human Services. We offer year round placements throughout our organization where students gain valuable and practical experiences in learning-rich environments.read more
Typical placement students are accepted from programs such as:
- Social Work
- Recreation and Leisure
- Early Childhood Education
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Developmental Services Worker
- Child and Youth Worker
- Resource Consultant
- Social Services
- Personal Support Worker
- Organization Administration
- Technology and Information Systems
“The things I have learned here are qualities, skills and knowledge I can apply to my future in field.”
– S.K. Recreation and Leisure Student
“Not only was KW Habilitation extremely welcoming to all new employees (really reflecting the values of the business regarding inclusion), they were supportive in every way. During this placement I worked from home. My employer provided me with unique challenges to not only test my abilities but grow them. I had a lot of freedom and uncanny autonomy to make my own decisions, suggest ideas, and grow personally and professionally in my role as her communications assistant. She is by far the most supportive person I have ever met.
She often asked me for my opinion, showing that she valued it and consistently pushed me to do better and be better. I hope that one day I can work for an organization like this one (or this one!) with a mentor as great as her!”
–R.M Honours Communications Student
Apply For A Volunteer Or Student Placement
Applicants may send a completed Volunteer and Student application, cover letter and resume to our Volunteer and Student Placement Coordinator. For students applying for co-op placements, please include details about your program of study, your area of interest and practical details about the student placement (e.g. hours, duration, learning objectives, etc.).
“Many of my clinical placements involve working with children and I have been able to improve my communication skills in a way that is appropriate for preschool age children.”
– A.M. Nursing Student
Volunteers will provide a current resume and two references, a Record of Immunization and a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (group volunteers excluded). Volunteers will also receive an agency and program orientation.
Volunteer and Student Placement Coordinator
99 Ottawa St. South, Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
519-744-6307 ext. 1264