KW Habilitation provides an interactive and engaging summer program for youth ages 13 – 21. Youth Exploring Possibilities (YEP) is offered in July and August and focuses on the exploration of community resources, recreational activities, opportunities to participate in Work Readiness exercises to help gain the skills needed to be successful at school or work, and enjoy the summer fun throughout.
YEP is an active program, using the GRT as its primary mode of transportation to travel throughout Waterloo Region.
Our goal is to:
Foster self-confidence, independence, healthy living, environmental awareness, learning, leadership, and other skills that prove beneficial long into adulthood by:
- Navigating the Kitchener-Waterloo community using the GRT
- Increasing awareness of volunteer and work prospects available
- Understanding what is available within our community and how to access these resources
- Practicing skills in self-advocacy, self-reliance, and self-determination
- Interacting with other youth, develop friendships, and build relationships
Click here for our refund policy
The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, YEP will adhere to the health guidelines that have been set by Waterloo Region Public Health, and the Province of Ontario. These guidelines include lower ratios and capacity, encouraging physical distancing, mandatory health screening, and enhanced facility cleaning.
For more information or if you have any questions, please connect with Amy Haynes at 226-338-9635